Thu, 22 Sept|
C0-DESIGN TRANSITION CAPABILITY PATHWAY PLAN TO TRIAL
The Network of Expertise aim is to develop a network to connect Teachers and Kaiako, to build a shared collective identity for ongoing mutual learning to build capability and is led by Dr Maree Kirk.
Time & Location
22 Sept 2022, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Waihi, Donnelly Street, Waihi 3610, New Zealand
About the Event
In practical terms this PLD network is ‘FOR TEACHERS BY TEACHERS’ aimed at enhancing professional knowledge, skills and resources and developing rich learning and assessment tasks for inclusive pedagogy with an interest in students with the range of learning disabilities and Down syndrome.
We invite you to an interactive workshop on transition approaches for students with additional needs with a focus on primary to secondary education in the region.
The interactive workshop to incorporate strategies, theory to practice and resources to support students that were reviewed in the first transition PLD went well.
Action and Activities
1. Co-design an intentional Capability Transition Pathways programme to develop independence in the transition pathway
2. Focus on an across schools’ approach so that the transition pathway co design is consistent in the region
3. Explore and add assistive technology and or software programme to support transitions
4. Work on collaborative development of transition capability pathway
5. Plans with wide team representation across the region
6. Pilot intentional capability transition pathway plans across the region in 2022
7. Focus on social skills and build confidence within transition
8. Involve students, whānau, school visits and school teams in the development of transition capability pathway
9. Build student profiles for the region
10. A range of resources available for school teams AND bring resources your school uses now
• Teacher release costs of up to $300.00 per day for permanent appointments will be covered (one teacher per school).
• The seminar registration costs are covered for these seminars.
- Ticket type
TRANSITION CAPABILITY PATHWAY
C0-DESIGN TRANSITION CAPABILITY PATHWAY PLAN TO TRIAL An interactive workshop on transition approaches for students with additional needs with a focus on primary to secondary education in the region.Price$0.00